Muppies is recruiting for a Director of Local Engagement who will serve as the lead liaison to and organizer of Muppies’ Local Leaders. The Director will build Muppies’ volunteer culture, overseeing and coordinating the successful implementation of local events, and establish new / cultivate existing Muppies’ city committees. This role is critical to Muppies’ growth, branding, and programming.
Muppies expects the Director of Local Engagement to promote the Muppies brand/program standing by actively participating in relevant networks. Muppies expects the Director to demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s D&I philosophy and Community Values by role modeling these values to all team members and stakeholders.
Director of Local Engagement– Muppies Global Executive Team Member, volunteer
- Serve as the lead liaison to and organizer of Muppies’ Local Leaders
- Build a volunteer culture with Muppies volunteers
- Establish new / cultivate existing Muppies’ city committees
- Conduct new member onboarding, and new City Leader onboarding
- Strategic visioning and (in partnership with program/event leads) overseeing the execution of these local programs:
- Summer Internship Program
- Service Week
- Evaluate the performance of Muppies’ local programming/events, and make recommendations to strengthen the programs
- Serve as a point-person to local teams in coordinating events
- Ability to join weekly Exec Team calls and quarterly in-person Exec Team meetings
Term: 2 years; eligible for a second term
Desired qualifications and experiences for all positions:
- A sincere desire to serve the Muslim community
- Enthusiasm for the Muppies vision and mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on diplomacy
- Strong organization skills
- At least 2-5 years of relevant experience; preference for those who demonstrate experience with nonprofit / membership organizations
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Ability to consistently commit the designated time above for 2 years; preference for those who can commit to three years
The Executive Team
The Executive Team serves as the organization’s lead strategic and working committee. They shall participate actively in the programs and activities of Muppies as officers and committee members. Exec Team members are the lead strategist and executors of Muppies’ global activities and are also the lead resource for City Executive Committees. Click here for more info on Executive Team Group responsibilities.
The roles on the Executive Team are dynamic year-to-year and reflect the change in, growth of, and needs of the organization.
How to apply: Submit your Muppies Volunteer Application (designate ‘Director of Local Engagement’).
Deadline: Sunday, November 24, 2019