Position Description: Muppies Global Events Consultant
Global Events Consultant(remote contractor role at 10-15 hours / week)
The global events consultant will direct Muppies’ two large, annual mainstay events: the Muppies Leadership Summit and the Muppies Annual Conference. This role also assists Muppies’ city committees in successfully organizing network wide events such as industry-specific brunches, fireside chats, and iftars at a high-level as a network. This role interfaces with the global executive committee, city leaders, as well as those that interact with Muppies through the various events throughout the year. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Muppies is actively seeking a diverse applicant pool.
Apart from managing the two global events on-site, this role may be conducted remotely throughout the year.
Muppies expects the Consultant to promote the Muppies brand/program standing by actively participating in relevant networks. Muppies expects the Consultant to demonstrate commitment to the organization’s D&I philosophy and Community Values by role modeling these values to all team members and stakeholders.
- Plan two global annual events (MLS & MAC)
- Lead end to end execution of two multi-day events from ideation to post-event survey analysis for:
- Muppies Leadership Summit: Annual internally-facing two-day in-person leadership training for volunteer leaders. (attendance 30~40 attendees)
- Muppies Annual Conference: Annual externally-facing two-day conference for Muslim professionals to hone their professional skills and build their networks. (300~500 attendees)
- Related duties include:
- Research and secure venues, speakers, and manage relationships on behalf of Muppies
- Recruit and manage team of volunteers to serve as leads for key event functions
- Work with marketing consultant on marketing strategy for MAC on social media outlets
- Secure key partnerships and sponsorships
- Manage online ticketing platform and finances associated with the events
- Oversee event volunteers
- Support locally-held events (annual iftars, internship meet-ups, etc.)
- Create & execute task list for events for city committee volunteers to follow
- Create cadence for the execution of annual city events such as iftars and internship mixers
- Create templates and collateral, as needed
APPLY TODAY! Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will close this post once the vacancy has been filled.
REPORTS TO: President; Senior Consultant
We look forward to hearing from you!