Build your professional resume while helping Muppies grow and strengthen its mentoring capabilities around the world by joining our global Muppies Investment Banking Program.
Muppies is recruiting for two co-chairs who can lead the initiative and establish best-in-class training (webinars, networking, meet-ups) for interns and junior staff currently employed at investment banks. Moreover, the co-chairs will be responsible for coordinating mentor/mentee pairings. This is an exciting opportunity for people who would like to gain leadership experience and facilitate our rich investment banking/corporate finance network within Muppies.
Co-Chairs of Muppies Investment Banking Program
Programming Committee Member
Objective: Lead the Muppies Investment Banking Program
- Manage mentee and/or mentor requests and create pairings between mentees and mentors
- Create and/or leverage training materials and/or best practice guides from your respective investment banks and the existing Muppies library
- Work closely with the Global Director of Programming to institute a programmatic calendar to facilitate opportunities for top-performing candidates to achieve placement in FT Analyst and Summer Internship opportunities
- Coordinate periodic local networking events between mentors and mentees to cultivate relationships (NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Boston, etc.)
- Establish and track programmatic metrics of success, in collaboration with the Programming/Operations Consultant
Time Commitment: 2 years/recruiting cycles
Desired qualifications and experiences for all positions:
- A sincere desire to serve the Muslim community
- Enthusiasm for the Muppies vision and mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on diplomacy
- Strong organization skills
- At least 1-3 years of relevant work experience at an investment bank and/or private equity firm
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Ability to consistently commit the designated time above for 2 years
How to apply
It’s easy: Submit your Muppies Volunteer Application (designate ‘Investment Banking’).
Deadline: Friday, June 21, 2019