(remote contractor role at 10-15 hours/week)
The Marketing Consultant will manage and implement communications, marketing, media, and digital strategies that support Muppies’ mission and goals. Reporting to the Programs & Partnerships Consultant, the Marketing Consultant will oversee Muppies’ website and social media platforms, produce content that highlights Muppies’ mission and global activities, and support efforts to build and standardize Muppies brand and “voice” across platforms and stakeholders, and actively pursue relationships with Muppies local, national, and international team members. This Consultant oversees the work of Muppies’ point person at our contracted marketing agency (“Marketing Specialist”); this consultant also oversees and works in collaboration with Muppies volunteer marketing team. Muppies is actively seeking a diverse applicant pool.
- Oversee website & digital content
- Project a “customer service” mentality. Prioritize member stewardship;
- Manage website, blog, and other digital content production by Marketing Team
- In collaboration with teammates, produce regular content related to Muppies’ core themes, member interest events, and Muppies’ programming activities
- Cultivate member involvement in the production of content (via surveys and other avenues)
- Assess progress toward goals, report upward, make recommendations for communications & marketing improvements
- Direct social media strategy
- Oversee Muppies’ social media presence and maintains regular, branded content on multiple platforms. Manage social media platforms.
- Build social media strategy into marketing plans for achieving broader communications and branding objectives
- Analyze data to assess the effectiveness of social media strategies; recommends improvements; advises on new technology
- Support efforts for brand consistency
- Manage digital communications and institutional collateral for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide regular guidance to all Muppies team members on voice, brand, writing, and communications/outreach strategy.
- Upon request, and in collaboration with the Marketing specialist, draft and produce institutional marketing collateral for City and Global programming.
- Support other institutional priorities and special projects
- Create decks for special events for each constituency
- Create the first draft of the organization’s promotional marketing/communications
- Serve as main marketing point of contact for annual conference
- In collaboration with the Programming & Partnerships Consultant, ensure all marketing and communications endeavors is crafted with the donor/member in mind
- Supervise, manage, and coach marketing specialist (i.e., agency liaison) and volunteer marketing team; guide/monitor marketing work plans
Muppies expects the Consultant to promote the Muppies brand/program standing by actively participating in relevant networks. Muppies expects the Consultant to demonstrate the commitment to the organization’s D&I philosophy and Community Values by role modeling these values to all team members and stakeholders.
APPLY TODAY! Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will close this post once the vacancy has been filled.
REPORTS TO: Programming & Partnerships Consultant
SUPERVISES: Marketing specialist contracted through Marketing agency; Muppies volunteer marketing team
DEADLINE: Monday, October 21, 2019 at 5pm ET