Muppies, a global non-profit dedicated to empowering and connecting Muslim professionals, is recruiting for a project-based consultant who specializes in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) of Human Resources, preferably in nonprofit organizations. Over the past four years, Muppies has engaged in D&I work to promote these values at the leadership level and among its membership base. Muppies has made slow progress toward its D&I goals and is looking for a consultant with expertise and capacity to help accelerate and execute Muppies’ D&I plan.
More information about Muppies is below.
DEI CONSULTANT PORTFOLIO
Muppies’ D&I objectives include: increasing representation and creating a diversity pipeline for membership and organization leaders.
This consultant will be tasked with refining the existing D&I plan and will be responsible for its execution. This includes:
- Refine and oversee the implementation of global D&I strategy and programs, in alignment with Muppies’ overall mission and strategy.
- Set and monitor D&I metrics to ensure steady organizational progress against goals.
- Serve as an internal consultant to the Executive Team on D&I related issues and concerns.
- Oversee, monitor, and manage all US-based D&I compliance requirements, including annual reporting.
- Identify ways to incorporate a D&I lens to the membership application process
Includes efforts that will lead to increased diversity in Muppies’ membership and leadership. This includes:
- Conduct D&I survey of membership
- Recruit individuals to serve on a D&I Task Force. Oversee D&I champions throughout the organization and provide leadership and guidance to D&I Task Force.
- Lead D&I-related education, communication, and events to ensure that all team members understand D&I concepts and the value they bring to the organization.
- Proactively identify and recruit organizational partners and employee resource groups
- Coordinate content-creation and outreach to the marketing team
By July 10, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and brief cover letter
- Project proposal given understanding of org
- Project rate and overflow rate
- Itemized budget
- Rough dates of availability
- List of references
- Suggestions for areas we might not have considered (optional)
Muppies has scaled to a global 501c3 charitable organization with over 2,900 members in 33
countries, and 11 active committees across the globe. Over the years, Muppies has added admissions counseling, mentorship programs, and professional development webinars and events to our programming to better serve our growing number of constituents.
Muppies helps Muslim professionals on leadership tracks in business, entrepreneurship, government, and nonprofit. This network consists of many Muslims on similar paths who offer practical advice for other Muslims to make the most of their careers because, while strong skills and hard work are key determinants of career advancement, networking and mentorship are key stepping stones.
Learn more: muppies.org
Read our commitment to inclusivity: muppies.org/about/commitment-to-inclusion/